[Skip to content]

Private Healthcare UK
Search our Site

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.


Travel insurance for expatriates

For UK nationals who live and/or work outside the UK for all or most of the year, a standard travel insurance policy is no use as it assumes that people are starting from and come back to the UK.


Getting travel insurance is possible in other countries, but understanding the intricacies and complications, plus limitations of insurance that is not in English is a hazard.


So several providers of expatriate health insurance also offer individual or business travel for such expatriates.


Some covers are for single trips but others are on an annual basis.


Individual - bought by an individual


Business - bought by a business.