Health Select from AXA PPP healthcare gives you the option to build a package with cover that suits you.
You get a core package of private health benefits, and then choose Add-ons to get the exact cover you want – including a choice of three different levels of out-patient cover. Finally, there are further options available such as adding an excess so that you can tailor the cost of your plan to suit your needs.
Enhance your cover
The core Health Select plan includes all the basics:
- Hospital charges for day or overnight treatment.
- Specialist fees when you're in hospital for the day or overnight.
- Surgical procedures as an out-patient.
- Cancer treatment, including radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Computerised tomography (CT, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET) scans
- 24-hour access to an 0800 telephone helpline offering expert health information from experienced healthcare professionals. This can include nurses, pharmacists, midwives and counsellors.
You can choose to enhance your cover with up to nine Add-ons;
Add-on 1 Core Out-patient
- Cover for up to two specialist consultations per year and no annual maximum for diagnostic tests on specialist referral.
Add-on 2 Enhanced Out-patient
- £1,000 limit a year for specialist consultations, diagnostic tests on specialist referral and practitioner charges including dieticians, nurses, orthopists and speech therapists.
Add-on 3 Full Out-patient
- Same as above but no annual maximum.
Add-on 4 Therapies
- £1,000 combined overall limit a year for homeopath, acupuncturist and therapist treatment (including physiotherapy).
Add-on 5 Mental Health
- Cover for treatment of mental health conditions including stress and depression.
Add-on 6 Extra Care Hospital at Home
- Cover for the cost of a nurse to give you intravenous chemotherapy for cancer or antibiotics. £100 a night (up to £2000 a year) when you receive in-patient treatment free on the NHS, which would have been covered on your plan.
- Oral surgery – paid in full for treatment of certain surgical procedures.
- Chiropody charges – up to £150 a year.
Add-on 7 Dentist and Optician Cashback
- 80% of dentist charges, up to £300 a year.
- 80% of the cost of prescription glasses and contact lenses that you need to correct your sight, up to £140 a year.
- And an additional £25 each year for an eye test.
Add-on 8 Extra Cancer Cover
- Extended cover for licensed cancer drugs for as long as they are used within the terms of their licence plus additional benefits such as cover for palliative treatment and help with additional costs such as wigs.
Add-on 9 Travel Cover
- Cover towards the cost of emergency medical treatment abroad.
- Travel cover for any additional expenses or delayed departure and other benefits – visit their site to read more .
As with all insurance, exclusions and limitations apply.
For more details of what AXA PPP healthcare’s plans do and don’t cover call 0800 313 4936.
AXA PPP healthcare believe that private medical care should be accessible to everyone. They understand that people have different needs and budgets and that’s why they have options to help you tweak your subscription so it’s right for you.
Add an excess
- Choose between £100, £250 or £500 excess.
- The higher the excess, the lower your price. You only pay the excess if you make any claims they cover, and you only pay it once per person in each membership year.
Choose a 6 week option
This option is a great way to save on your subscription yet still avoid long NHS waiting times. The 6 week option means that if in-patient or day-patient treatment or any surgical procedure is available on the NHS within six weeks from the date it should take place then you will use the NHS. However, if the wait for treatment is longer than six weeks then you can go private straight away.
Further savings when you renew
At renewal, if you haven’t made a claim you will be entitled to a further discount each year, up to 65%. However, if you do make a claim your discount will be reduced
Call for a quote
If you’d like to find out more about Health Select and get a personalised quote, call today or visit their website. It will only take a few minutes and they can start your cover straight away.
Call on 0800 313 4936
. Visit axappphealthcare.co.uk
Lines are open 9am to 8pm weekdays. They may record and monitor calls for quality assurance, training and as a record of the conversation.