Who can you complain to about private hospital care?
Travel health insurance
If you are travelling abroad, especially outside of the EU, then it makes sense to ensure that you have adequate travel health insurance to cover any medical and health emergencies that may arise when you are abroad. Nowadays, there are many places that you can buy such a policy - from your travel agent, an insurance broker, a supermarket (such as Tesco travel insurance), at the post office and of course online.
Travel health insurance for people with special needs
Buying an off the shelf travel health insurance policy is straightforward. However, there are many people such as the elderly, those with disabilities and sports enthusiasts who will require a specific kind of policy.
- For those with a disability
- For those with existing health problems
- For older people
- For medical tourism
- For cosmetic surgery
- For other specialist needs (e.g. adventure sports, backpackers, gay travellers, golfers and skiers)
20 page PDF guide to "going private" for insured and self-paying patients.
- Advice on choosing a doctor and hospital
- Checklist for comparing providers
- Understanding prices