Independent advice on private healthcare
How much does it cost?
- What benefits should I expect?
- Which policy is right for me?
- How do I get a quote?
- Life or Personal Accident?
- The need for personal accident insurance
- When should plan benefits start?
- Tax on payments
- Types of policy
- Typical exclusions and limitations
- What is Personal Accident Insurance?
- Is terrorism covered?
The cost of a personal accident insurance plan depends on:--
- Width of cover
- How much you want to receive.
- If any benefits are income rather than cash, for how long the benefit is paid
- Extra options bought
Then there are factors personal to you, which affect the price of personal accident insurance
- Age- premiums can rise with age
- Sex - women tend to pay more
- Occupation; a manual job will be more of a risk than an office or shop worker
- Activity –what activities you do
- Health history ;of you, and sometimes of your family too
- How many people are covered
Not all insurers have the same views on the above factors.
Although there are sex discrimination laws, these do not apply to insurance pricing.