Independent advice on private healthcare
- Health Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Income protection insurance guide
- Types of policy
- Housepersons cover
- Income protection insurance for business
- Child sickness cover
- Group income payment protection
- Holloway Plans
- Individual income protection
- Licence protection
- International payment protection
- Loan payment protection
- Sick pay insurance
- Sports income protection
- Mortgage payment protection
- Credit card payment protection
This type of income protection cover is often known as "housewives" or "mums" cover.
Many individual income protection policies now offer to housepersons, carers, homeworkers or other names. Although they have no income, the plan pays out if the houseperson is unable to perform certain normal daily activities e.g. walking, lifting, use of speech or vision. So if they cannot look after the children, then either the partner has to take time off work, or paid for help found.
Houseperson cover pays a fixed weekly/ monthly amount. Several Holloway Plans will offer this cover. Many other types of income protection policy, also offer it.
There are too many companies now offering it, to list them here.