Housepersons cover

This type of income protection cover is often known as "housewives" or "mums" cover.

Many individual income protection policies now offer to housepersons, carers, homeworkers or other names. Although they have no income, the plan pays out if the houseperson is unable to perform certain normal daily activities e.g. walking, lifting, use of speech or vision. So if they cannot look after the children, then either the partner has to take time off work, or paid for help found.

Houseperson cover pays a fixed weekly/ monthly amount. Several Holloway Plans will offer this cover. Many other types of income protection policy, also offer it.

There are too many companies now offering it, to list them here.



Latest news

AXA PPP healthcare win at UK Customer Experience awards 2015

David Mobbs retires as CEO of Nuffield Health

King's victorious at World Transplant Games

FREE Guide
FREE Guide

Income protection insurance guide

  • Types of Premium
  • Choosing the right policy
  • Cost


Find a plan...

Find a plan...

A to Z of companies and plans
for Students
for People with pre-existing conditions
for Expatriates
for Cancer cover
for Public sector/Civil service
for The elderly
for Businesses
for Small businesses
for Individuals
for Over 50s
for Children
by name
...within: miles
Connect with us on:

This site compiles with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information