Independent advice on private healthcare
- Health Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Income protection insurance guide
- Types of policy
- Holloway Plans
- Income protection insurance for business
- Child sickness cover
- Group income payment protection
- Housepersons cover
- Individual income protection
- Licence protection
- International payment protection
- Loan payment protection
- Sick pay insurance
- Sports income protection
- Mortgage payment protection
- Credit card payment protection
These are particularly suitable for the self employed, low paid and those who do not want to fall back onto state aid or their savings.
- Income payment protection policy
- Offered only by a small number of Friendly Societies
- Pays out a monthly income to those unable to work due to sickness or injury.
- Offer a short or no deferred period; often called ' day one' basis
- Premiums only vary by age, not other factors such as sex, smoking, or occupation.
- Can contain an investment element paid at retirement.
- Can select size of contribution
- Can select level or escalating cover
- Cover lasts for duration of membership; irrespective of claims
- Pay between 50 and 75% of income
- Payments may halve after 6 or 12 months
- Cover and payments cease at retirement age.