Who can you complain to about private hospital care?
- Health Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Income protection insurance guide
- How much does it cost?
How much does it cost?
The cost of an income protection UK plan depends on:
- Width of cover
- How much replacement income you want to receive.
- How many months/weeks/days before payment starts
- How many months the policy pays out for
- Extra options bought
Then there are factors personal to you, which affect the price of an income protection UK plan;
- Occupation; a manual job will be more of a risk than an office or shop worker
- Health history; of you, and sometimes of your family too
- Smoking; smokers tend to pay more
- Retirement age; the older you are when you plan to retire, the higher the premium
Not all income protection insurance providers have the same views on the above factors.