Independent advice on private healthcare
- Health Insurance
- Funeral plans
- Funeral plans guide
- Can I get any government assistance with funeral costs?
Can I get any government assistance with funeral costs?
- Advantages and drawbacks
- How much do they cost?
- What do they normally cover?
- Frequently asked questions
- How much does a funeral cost?
- What is the Funeral Planning Authority?
- How do they work?
- Why you may need a funeral plan
- Protecting your money
- Questions to ask the plan provider
- Top tips
- Types of plan
- What is a funeral plan?
- What is not covered?
- Which plan is right for me?
- Who are funeral plans for?
- Who can buy a plan?
- Who can sell funeral plans?
The DSS Social Fund awards financial assistance to individuals who meet a number of criteria. To qualify, you, and all other family who share your responsibility for the funeral, must be receiving at least one of several benefits, and have insufficient savings to pay for the funeral.
The DSS Funeral Payment will provide a limited amount, which is unlikely to cover the costs even of a very basic funeral.
Government cutbacks will mean that fewer people will get financial help on funerals.