Independent advice on private healthcare
How much do they cost?
- Advantages and drawbacks
- What do they normally cover?
- Frequently asked questions
- How much does a funeral cost?
- What is the Funeral Planning Authority?
- Can I get any government assistance with funeral costs?
- How do they work?
- Why you may need a funeral plan
- Protecting your money
- Questions to ask the plan provider
- Top tips
- Types of plan
- What is a funeral plan?
- What is not covered?
- Which plan is right for me?
- Who are funeral plans for?
- Who can buy a plan?
- Who can sell funeral plans?
Funeral plans are available from many different providers, and can be tailored to include extras such as a high-quality coffin, extra vehicles following the funeral procession, catering services at the reception, as well as obituaries and flowers. However, an elaborate funeral plan is generally expensive. Basic funeral plans are cheaper and offer a standard, low-key funeral package.
Most funeral plan providers will offer a range of different plans; basic plans will usually be inexpensive and cover a standard service, whilst more extensive plans will include additional benefits, such as thank you cards to send to friends and family who attend the service. The more that is included in your funeral plan, the higher the cost will be.