A free report and statistics on use of the web in the health and medical sector published by Private Healthcare UK
Private Healthcare UK has released the findings of its annual WebWatch Report, using data from Hitwise. The report, which is free to download, reveals that obesity, dieting, weight loss and fitness dominate internet health searches. 12 of the top 50 search terms used within the health and medical sector relate to obesity, dieting, and weight loss. Another 9 relate to getting fit.
The Private Healthcare UK WebWatch report provides an analysis of web activity in the health and medical sectors in the UK.
Download your free report below.
- 21 search terms related to obesity, dieting, weight loss and getting fit are in the top fifty most commonly searched terms in the health sector.
- Three of the top twenty most visited UK web sites in the Health and Medical sector, relate to obesity, weight loss and dieting.
NHS Choices was the most visited site in the Health and Medical sector in the UK, followed by Boots and Weight Watchers.
- Chicken pox, shingles and diabetes were the three most common disease/medical conditions searched for.
- Women make up the majority (53%) of people who use the internet to research health and medical issues.
- The over 45s make up 40% of total web users looking for health and medical information on the web, correcting the misconception that the internet is for the young.
These are some of the findings from the fourth annual Healthcare WebWatch survey which provides a snapshot of the health issues web users are concerned about and the health and medical sites that the UK’s web users are visiting.
Download your free report below
Want to know more
Call Keith Pollard, Intuition Managing Director on 01442 817810. Or complete the enquiry form.